Friday, February 12, 2010

The Where, What And Why

I suppose many of you have been wondering where I have been all week. The short answer: nowhere. What have I been doing? Mostly visiting.

We have entered that time of year that I love. Many of our long time friends from our days on the island as tourists return this time of year. Lots of visiting going on.

Our friend from Toronto was just here for two weeks and it was a great visit. Most nights he came out here to the house and we had dinner in. Afterwards, many rounds of the backpacker card game, Shithead, were played. If you are not familiar with this game and like cards, you really have to learn this one. Quick and easy to play.

Just before Toronto left, D from CT arrived. Now we are currently visiting with him and enjoying his company once again. The girls from Minnesota are also on the island.

So I have been concentrating on enjoying my friends while trying to watch my health too. Not too enthused about the whole blogging thing right now but I hope that changes soon.

Today starts Karneval on the island. That always provides me with lots of blogging material so stayed for next week. I hope to be able to show you a few interesting things!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww....you might not be in bloggin mode...but us poor souls that long to be there crave pictures and stories until we can come back again.

Pity us.

Gloria, Roanoke, Virginia
brrrrrrrrrr

Calypso said...

OK then you are excused.

Ann said...

Glad to hear you're OK & you're getting to visit with friends! Can't wait for Karneval photos & stories!

KfromMichigan said...

Glad you are OK. I do worry when you don't blog in several days. Have a great time with your friends and can't wait to see all the pics from Carneval. Happy Valentine's Day!

1st Mate said...

Karnevale, Carnivale, Carnival??? However you spell it, I look forward to seeing your photos of it. I'm going to try to get shots of the Guaymas Carnivale this year too.

Jackie said...

I figured you were just really busy.

I can't wait to see your Karnival photos. They have a special touch with your witty commentary.Next year for sure I am going to be on Isla for the festivities. It's been 6 years since I spent time on the island during Karnival.

Nancy said...

Enjoy your visits with your friends. Rest and relax. Looking forward to seeing your Carnival posts. And two weeks after that I'll be taking my own pics!

Salome said...

Please say hello to the "girls from Minnesota" for us. We haven't seen or talked to any of them since last year! Enjoy your visiting time...we miss Isla terribly and it looks like we may not be back until fall :( . Take care!!

Steve Cotton said...

If only I could have visitors -- of any sort. Even from the other side of Mexico. HINT!