Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Aluxes

Below you will find a picture of my favorite hole-in-the-wall afternoon hangout. It's just a little coffee shop, locally owned by a Mexican married to a woman from Minnesota. They bake all their own bread, make brownies and cookies. The best is the frozen lemon-lime pie. I am salivating like Pavlov's dog just thinking about it. Great with an afternoon jolt of java.






I always wandered about the name and the mystery has now been solved for me. While reading my neighbor's blog, CancunCanuck, (see sidebar. She's not really my neighbor but we do live just a bay apart!) I discovered that she has done a whole article on Aluxes. No, not the coffee shop, the other ones. Go see. It's really interesting.

1 comment:

CancunCanuck said...

Oooh, that place sounds great, I'll make a point to check it out next time I am on the island/ Glad to help solve the mystery of the name, I love the Aluxes stories!