Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Street Where I Live

Yesterday afternoon we went across the street for a quick swim. Well, B and L went for a swim. I rarely go into the water. But that's another story. I was just sitting on a rock, dangling my feet in the water when I happened to turn around and look back at the house. I realized I could see the whole street so thought I would share it with you and give you an overview of where I live. You will probably want to click on this to see it better.



From left to right, we have: Fatso's House, 3 drunk fishermen's house, my cabana (yellow), my house, arrogant, rich, rude, obnoxious gringo house, J&E's house, vacant lot.

When we bought the lot where the cabana is and then the house next door, there were still only Mexicans living on our street. Evidently the neighbors to the north of us saw how much money the family we bought from made and put their places on the market. So we now have 2 Mexican houses left and the rest is all gringos. Except that asshole gringo is never here and J&E are only here for 4 months. So for most of the year there are only three houses occupied. It's a quiet street.

It looks like we are miles from the beach in this picture but really the main road is just the other side of that pile of rocks and we are only about 15 yards from that.

No comments: