Monday, May 07, 2007

Dry Packing

Probably the most exciting thing we did this weekend was dry pack. For those of you who do not live with anal retentives, that is the process of packing absolutely everything you intend to take on a trip into the car ahead of time. Just to make sure it is all going to fit. I suppose, as Martha would say, it's a good thing.

We got all three backpacks into the trunk of the car with barely room to spare. My big thing is that I do not want anything, or else at least very little, in the back seat. This space is reserved for the person taking a break from driving and/or navigating. Naptime, reading or just gazing out the window. We are going to start getting really cramped though if we start picking up too many souvenirs along the way. B wants to buy a rug in Oaxaca so I don't know how that is going to work. That is our first stop and I just can't see shifting it around in the car all the time for seven weeks.

At any rate, Friday we are off!

No comments: