Tuesday, March 20, 2007

On a Winter's Day

Last December I wrote about the great pictures our friend, TT, had taken of the winter ice in Wisconsin. Finally I am getting around to posting a few of them. With his permission of course!

Here we see a fish that was too stupid to get out of the cold. It is literally frozen into the ice. How fast must this have frozen to have captured it like this? Brrr.



Here is a long shot of the lake and the above hole. I'm not sure what causes this to happen on the lake. TT could tell you. Maybe it is spring fed and the water is more active under these places?



A close up of bubbles frozen in time.



I think TT has a natural knack and eye for photography. He was here and gone too fast when he returned from his two month trek through Mexico, Belize and Guatamala for me to see any of his trip pictures. I bet he has some great ones of Mayan ruins.

No comments: