Tuesday, December 14, 2010

All Decked Out

Those of you who are regular readers know that there is no love lost between me and our "new" town square. I hate it's coldness. It's lack of heart. It's lack of friendliness. I could go on and on about how much I hate it.
That said, I do think that the City Fathers and Mothers have done a fine job of decorating it for Christmas this year. It really is festive.







And this year we got a new tree! A round one! I hated that square one they were using.




Looks like these packages may have been shaken one time too many!


Poinsettias, a plant native to Mexico, have been planted all around the square. They add a bright dash of color for the holiday season.


They are even lining the mostly non-operational fountain.





A Santa's Village of sorts has been set up. These buildings change with the season and the celebration. I think they are an excellent addition to the landscape of that square.










And let us not forget the true meaning of Christmas.















Some clever carpenters put a few hours into building this train loaded with packages. Very clever and unique.


I love that in Spanish an H sound is made by writing a J. It seems both foreign and not to see something like this.


Congratulations, Isla! You did good.

7 comments:

lisa said...

Very nice! Sure puts you into the Christmas spirit!

Life's a Beach! said...

They did do a nice job! I never realized poinsettias were native to Mexico until we saw them growing all over in the Puerto Vallarta area.

IslaZina said...

I love the poisettas. I love the attention to details in that all Mexican nativity scenes lack a baby Jesus until He is actually born! Good job, Isla Mujeres! Feliz Navidad!!!

Ann said...

What a great job! Love all the pointsettias

Steve Cotton said...

Great job on the photographs. Isn't it amazing how well primary colors come out in the tropics?

Anonymous said...

I gotta admit; some of the projects the Isla-ites undertake are kinda strange, but lately they really seem to be making positive strives ... more than I've seen in the past 5-6 years. Best of luck to them ... and you (doggie guy...;)

O Robert

Jackie said...

Looks very festive and creative.