Thursday, August 19, 2010

Celebrating.....Part 2

It took a long time to walk the length of the malecon. It seemed that every person we knew was out and about Saturday night. Enjoying the warm night, the slight ocean breeze that wafted over the malecon and the party atmosphere. Little Isal was getting impatient with the grown up dawdling along and wanted to get the rides. I bought her a bag of churros (sort of a long doughnut) to appease her while we visited with people. Of course, I had to have one too!

We finally made it to the rides and she confidently strode towards the merry-go-round and hopped up onto the horse of her choice. I don't need any help, thank you very much. Just pay for my ticket and let's get this show on the road!




While she went round and round, up and down, and waved to her admirers, my attention was caught by the ride of the year.






I had ridden on this ride at the State Fair in Minnesota. Although severely tempted, I did not get on it here. I have seen the way they put these things together. (or not!)




I rode something similar to this in Minnesota also. I am a sucker for carnival rides. I vividly remember almost falling out of my seat on this one. No seat belts, just hang on. No thanks, not anymore.




Looking back at the some of the crowd and my favorite type of stall. The ones where they sell all the junk for exorbitant prices. Stuff that mostly appeals to kids or adolescent girls. Or elderly Gringos looking for stuff to buy his favorite six year old girlfriend!




She also went cruising in her off the road truck.







These kids were my favorites of the night though. Couldn't have been more than 2 or 3. Totally delighted and enamored by the steering wheel spun but didn't do anything.


All in all it was a very enjoyable night downtown.

8 comments:

Linda Dorton said...

Looks like a fun féria. Those rides look about 50 years newer than the ones they set up two block from here! It looks like Isla Mujeres did a beautiful job with their celebration.

Life's a Beach! said...

Wayne, looks like the 6 year old girlfriend had a terrific time! LOL! Love the two little kids in the car. Somewhere there's a film of my brother and I sitting in a 50's era carnival ride car doing the same thing.

KfromMichigan said...

What fun! I love to watch all the people having a good time.

Ann said...

The kids in the cars are adorable! Please don't call yourself elderly...I'm going kicking & screaming into old age& I signed up for Social Security last week!

Steve Cotton said...

"Totally delighted and enamored by the steering wheel spun but didn't do anything." Life summed up in one sentence.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen such "adult-grade" carnival rides on Isla....Seems everytime that I'm visiting there's only some tiny-rusted-motorcycle-ride meant for ninos..That's not fair!

Sue said...

Fun for kids of all ages! But the only rocky ride I'm going on is the golf cart - we have a wobbly side-to-side motion going on now.

Jackie said...

The look on your "girlfriend's" face when she is riding the horse is absolutely adorable. Certainly not a posed shot.