I skipped even mentioning Thanksgiving last year. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. But so much has happened to me this year, both good and bad, that I felt I needed to really think about the thankfullness I should have. So, in no particular order, here are some of the things I should be thankful for this year.
* My friends. Both old and new. They have come through for me time and again this past year.
* Blogger. This thing has changed my life.
* B & L. They know why.
* My health. I'm slowing down, as one should with age, but I can't complain and I can still see well enough to drive.
* I didn't kill anybody. Although I came close. Thanks B for not allowing me to buy a gun.
* Mexico. Thank you for allowing me to live here and teaching me patience and how to deal with frustration. Sort of.
* The kindness of strangers. My faith in humanity has been somewhat restored by the incredible caring and giving of so many to people that they have never met and probably never will.
That's the short list. I hope that all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving have taken a moment to put together your list. For those of you who don't officially celebrate, it wouldn't hurt to take a moment and give thanks for the good things in your life too.
Happy Thanksgiving everybody.