Saturday, March 29, 2008

Something I Never Do....Until Now!

I generally ignore tags to participate in Memes. Thanks to Mexico Way, I now know how to pronounce it:

meme (mēm) Pronunciation Key n. A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another.


I prefer my way of saying it: Me!Me!



I have decided to partake of this one because a)I find it interesting and b)It was written and conceived by my friend and her daughter of the blog RiverGirl in Cancun. So read it if you want, if not, c'mon back on Monday for more of my life!



What are your top 3 favorite foods?


Any hotdish made with some form of macaroni and hamburger

What can I say? It's a comfort food thing


Chocolate anything

I do not have an addiction! I.do.not!



Salchipapas

do a search in the blog to find this wonderful deep-fried version of hotdogs and french fries



What was the last book you read and would you recommend it?



The Beach by Alex Garland. I would recommend the book but skip the movie.



What are your top 3 favorite places?



Juan Alvarez, Guerrero, Mexico

this tiny little town, about 2 hours south of Acapulco on the Pacific Coast, stole my heart last summer. If they had electricity and internet, I'd be living there right now.



Baja California Sur

I loved everything about the Baja. It has it all, seas, mountains and deserts.



Taylors Falls, Minnesota

I love the area I lived in NOB. Great forests, great river and great friends in a tiny town.



What was the last lie you told?



That I'm not going to post on Saturdays anymore!



What are your favorite 3 sports (to watch or participate in)?



Rodeo

I used to be very active with everything horse. I have even participated in (and won!) many gymkana events. Like barrel racing, pole weaving kind of stuff. I also enjoyed weekend camping trail rides.



Figure Skating/Ballroom Dancing

Isn't it obvious!



Cast Fishing

I love throwing my line out into the water, slowly reeling it back in. Not knowing if you were going to catch something or not. Adrenalin flowing just in case you had to do battle with a Northern Pike.



What was the last movie you watched and would you recommend it?



Walk the Line.

It's the Johnny Cash story starring Joaquim Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon. It took me 3 days to download it from the internet. I would recommend it. Reese got an Academy Award for her performance of June Carter (Cash).



List 3 things you can see outside of the nearest window.



The Caribbean Ocean



The front yard of our cabana next door



Chairs on the front porch



Where was the last place you went?



Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico

I assume this question means on a trip or visit. I hope it doesn't mean to the bathroom! Although I did pee a few times while in Tulum.



What are your top 3 favorite “good causes” or charities?



Me



Myself



I



Seriously, I am a giver to and supporter of few charities or good causes. I like to pick my cause that I am motivated to give to. Hurricane victim relief here in the Caribbean is my top favorite, followed by most other forms of disaster relief and humane societies



What was the last thing you did for someone else?



Sent a large floral arrangement to Paty for her seventh anniversary party of Adelita's Tequilla House.



Name 3 places you have never been that you want to visit.



Belize

It's so close but I have never been. Parts of it look very interesting to me. And the people look to be very interesting also. I would really like to go to Caye Caulker, but the boat, you know.



Cuba

I have wanted to visit Cuba since I was a little kid. Even before the embargo. I could probably go anytime I want but I prefer to wait until things open up a bit more for travel withing the country.



Australia

There are just too many reasons to list. I really would like to see some of the sheep farms and just take in the vastness of that country.



What was the last thing you threw in the garbage/recycling?



I emptied the ashtray that sits by my laptop and fills oh too fast.

There is no recycling done on the island. I have a hard time with that fact.



Name 3 things on your bedside table.



A bedside lamp



A clock radio that lights up at night



Nothing else. I lead an austere night life!



Describe or name the last piece of art you looked at.

A painting of the church in Morelia by Javier Moreno.


This is one of two pieces by him that hang in the cabana. I have another one in my house. This boy is an untrained protege from the jungles of the Yucatan. He is now 19 years old. He was 15 when I bougth the paintings from him. This boy has a natural talent that is unbelievable.


What are the top 3 things that your job requires you to think about?


Retired, so....


Nothing


Nothing


Nothing




What was the last musical or theatrical event that you attended?


Not much opportunity for that here on the island. I guess it would be a battle of the DJ's at Bamboo Too a few weeks ago. Now ain't that sophisticated and all classy!

What are the first 3 things you would do if you won the lottery?


Of course, when I win, it will be gobzillions of dollars so I can afford to do these things:


Meet with a financial planner and set up multiple trust funds


Set up a foundation to help deserving kids get to college


Give out surprise packages. Like when somebody goes out of their way to help you when they didn't really have to, or if you see somebody doing something kind for somebody else, I would hand them $1000 and tell them "Good job of being human!"


Describe or name the last serious injury or illness you had?



My last back injury. It was the final straw that did me in. It resulted in my having two spinal levels fused together and supported permanently by two 8" rods and six 6" screws. It is also the injury that allowed me to retire early!

What are the top 3 things that you wish you could do?




Sing.

Just because I think it would be nice.



Fly.

Wouldn't it be great!



Dance again.


What was the last thing that someone said to you that you will remember forever?




I love you.



So that's it. Normally, one is supposed to tag somebody else. Like a nasty chain letter or something. Not going there. Do it if you want.

6 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Wayne --

Stop by for breakfast: http://steveinmexico.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Pics take me back...sand,warm air, heel scuffs, times in Minnesota and family! miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing our little meme! I love reading everyone's answers.

Kathy said...

i was shocked at how many of your answers echoed mine. We're like distant cousins seperated at birth! :)

tacogirl said...

If you end up visiting Caye Caulker or San Pedro please look us up to say hi (sometimes do day trips to C.C)

Loved your surprise packages answer.

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll

My Way said...

Hey thanks for doing this! I know you feel the same about me when it comes to doing this but your answers were fun and interesting!