Monday, October 01, 2007

If I didn't know better....

I'd think that there was a hurricane sitting out there somewhere getting ready to bear down on us. The weather is just weird right now. Yesterday was breezy, to say the least. Then, just after dark last night, the wind really picked up. It was racing in off the water from the northeast with a force strong enough to make us close the front windows. It was like the winds we got in Minnesota during a blizzard. They just howled and screeched as they passed by and tried to enter the house. Spooky.

Now this morning the ocean is all hot and bothered. It has turned green and the waves seem to be competing with each other. Trying to see who can get to shore fastest. They are large enough to be crashing on the reef just offshore, sending huge masses of white foam spraying into the air. Very unlike the normal Caribbean I see every day. But very much like the Caribbean I see when a hurricane is approaching.

I checked all my satellite sites and weather sites and nothing. Nada. Zilch. Nothing out there at all. Which is a good thing, by the way! I have no idea what is causing this mini weather drama with the ocean but I hope it goes away soon! I have to get on a boat to Cancun tomorrow!

No comments: