Saturday, September 29, 2007

Don Quixote de la Mancha

We took our first road trip with the VW Pointer in 2005. We visited the Gulf Coast and parts of central Mexico. One of the cities was Guanajuato. A beautiful city in its' own right. One of the things we did while there was visit the Don Quixote Musuem. When I learned that it was on our agenda, my reaction was a giant unstifled yawn. But I was more than pleasantly surprised by it. The whole thing is nothing but different artists renditions of Don Quixote and his pal Sancho Panza. Everything from huge statues to postage stamps.



On our most recent trip this past summer, we were in Morelia. There was a Corn Festival going on at one of the local monastaries turned museum. Since it was on the route of our walking tour of the city, we decided to stop in. And look what was in the courtyard!







I don't remember for sure, but I don't think the artist was indentified. I was fascinated by this thing.







The statues are all composed of nuts, bolts and old engine parts. Recycling at its' finest!



1 comment:

Brenda Maas said...

Amazing.