Monday, September 10, 2007

Catching Up

I haven't really talked about anything personal for awhile so I guess I will try to catch up on that today.

These past two weeks have been busy around here. Ok, not like busy before retirement but busy all the same. L had to train a new tour guide on one of the Mexico routes so he has been gone. He arrives back home tonight. I don't know why, but we always seem to get projects done while he is gone. Maybe because we're bored.

I finally got the grass "mowed" in front of the cabana. What a pain that was. Of course, I knew it was going to be because I had been putting it off. Then something was wrong with the thing that the string uncoils from on the weed whip. It wouldn't feed out anymore string so I had to keep stopping and taking it apart.

Got the car fixed but I have written about that experience already!

We are redecorating the cabana so we worked over there alot. We had gone to the big fabric store in Cancun and boughten new fabrics. We recovered the couch and chair cushions as well as the dining chairs. Looks very sophisticated over there now. We are trying to get rid of the bright, festive Mexican colors and make it more tranquil inside. We also bought a new bedspread for over there when we were in Patzcuaro recently. We also ordered new shelving to replace the bedside tables and the dresser in the closet. This was done by request of past guests. They were made and installed by none other than Luis. He of coconut removal fame!

This Sunday is Mexican Independence Day. We have a table reserved downtown for the party. I will be taking my camera but I'm not very good with nightime photos.

We had a pretty big storm pass by really early today. Left us without power until now. The sun is out and bright again but there sure are some big waves coming in across the street.

Ok, have to get my lazy butt in gear and get some stuff done around here so will just wish you all a nice day.

No comments: