Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Day Off

A day off? From what? Weekends cease to mean anything when one no longers works. Just another day. Especially down here where the normal work week is Monday to Saturday at 2pm. We were retired for a few months before we moved down here and, even though we weren't working, weekends were, well, weekends! None of our friends had to work so Friday and Saturday night were p-a-r-t-y! Well, if you count going to our local coffee shop hang out and drinking so much coffee you slosh home a party. Someday I should write about that coffee shop.

The forecast said 20% chance of rain today and for awhile early this morning it looked like it. We putzed around the house for a bit. I updated my iPod and ironed 17 shirts! My God. Why do we even still own that many? Swept the floors. For some reason Simon is shedding like crazy. It's almost like he's getting rid of his winter coat. Then the sky cleared and the sun came out big time.

We decided to pack a lunch of sandwiches, chips, pineapple, a green salad, peanuts and soft drinks and go to the beach. So we did. Even though it was very windy we still had a nice day of it. I don't know why I even bothered to spread out a towel. Both it and I were soon covered with blowing sand. Haven't been to the beach for a few weeks since all the high season people have left. It was almost deserted again. I did notice that the Americans/Canadians on the beach have now, for the most part, been replaced with Italians. Of all the tourists who come here, our waiter friends hate the Israelis, Italians and Germans the most. It has nothing to do with race or religion. It is purely fiscal. None of them tip and they are really cheap and demanding. But you know which tourists they absolutely hate the most? Their fellow Mexicans! Especially those from Mexico City. They are rude to them, demand extra everything and never tip. Just thought I would share that with you.

So I sat down here at the computer, not knowing what I was going to write about and just typed in a heading. Voila! Not only did I successfully(?!?) communicate my random neuron firings, but I think I have a few more subjects to talk about later. Oh one more thing, just in case you haven't notice.

I do not post on Sunday. That is truly my day off!

No comments: