Thursday, May 03, 2012

Just A Simple Look

We all want to enjoy the island and have a safe time here, right? After all, as the sign says, there are over 16,203 persons living here in a 7km stretch of rock and sand.



I can not begin to count the number of times I have come around a corner and almost smacked into a tourist on a golf cart, driving the wrong way. Happily oblivious to the fact that they are not on a ride at Disneyland, but rather a dangerouse vehicle which is capable of getting them killed. Quite easily too.


It's not like the streets aren't marked as to their direction.










Sometime they even seem to be overmarked.







And still the wayward tourist, usually with drink in hand, will merrily ignore these signs and put my life, their lives and the lives of children in the street, in mortal danger. Shame on them.


I think that this should be the only transportation tourists are allowed to rent.


3 comments:

Ann said...

We don't rent motorized transportation much--maybe once in 2 weeks...Better to use taxis & walk! I agreed there are a few too many thoughtless tourists unleashed on the island! Glad I'm not one of them!

Life's a Beach! said...

Only problem with renting bikes is that you'll eventually get run over! We used to ride bikes all the time on the island, but after several minor incidents in one trip, I decided it wasn't worth it. I'm also hesitant to rent carts now after seeing multiple collisions in the colonias between taxis and carts in December. The streets are just too crowded and I don't really want to 'buy a golfcart' when I'm on vacation. The Disneyland ride attitude is irritating. Last year, a dad and daughter drove by in one of the big carts laughing and throwing out beer bottles. The past few trips, we've seen carts driving on the malecon. Wish the police would ticket those people!

KfromMichigan said...

I value my life! We are very careful when renting a golf cart on the island. I think you can agree .. since you were brave enough to take a tour with us!