Wednesday, May 04, 2011

South Point - The Refreshing Side

South Point also features a bar and "restaurant", of sorts. I don't know about the food there, but a cool drink is always welcome during a hot afternoon of sightseeing.





I've never liked these displays. I don't find them appealing in the least degree. I think I know what a cocktail looks like, and certainly a bottle of beer. And I can read a menu.




I don't find these as bad as the portable, glass enclosed display cases that have become so popular downtown though. I find nothing, absolutely nothing, appealing at looking at warm pieces of raw meat displayed under flourescent lighting on plates. Or dead fish.


And here is what those intoxicatingly inviting cocktails look like after they have set out in the hot sun for a few hours. Refreshing? Not.










6 comments:

Ann said...

I agree about the cases with meat in them--Ugh! Have never eaten at Punta Sur either, but have had a libation or 2!

KfromMichigan said...

Agree about the cases with meat (or any food out in the hot sun). The drinks don't look refreshing either .. I'll stick with an ice cold SOL.

The Star Gal said...

You are so right about that! Ewe.

My coworker lady friends and I will be there in a few more weeks...and I hope to run into you while there!

Gloria

Dan in NC said...

Isla, I find it interesting that the prices reflect the daily exchange rates... hmmm last time I saw this was in the gold stalls in the sook.. then again it is Sol, eh?
Cheers!
Dan in NC

jackie said...

I have heard that the food there is good. I only have had drink there and never even looked at the menu.

Nancy said...

All I can say is HOLY COW 35 pesos for a beer? Was I reading it right? In Mazatlan beer is $15! YIKES!