Tuesday, October 05, 2010

So Tropical

While out and about recently, I stopped to sit on the little wall that runs along Rueda Medina. The street that faces the bay and Cancun. I happened to spy these two typical scenes.

The first, of course, is a couple of fishermen repairing their nets.



This may be a little more obscure. These people run a stand selling conch shells. This is the stage one prep area for them. Here they scrub then down with wire brushes and bleach.



Both of these scenes made me smile. They are just so tropical to me.

9 comments:

Calypso said...

Fishing nets and conch shells - tropical to all. ;-)

Ann said...

Great scenes of everyday life on Isla! Thanks for sharing.

Arizona Kelly said...

Those two pic's made me smile as well. Thanks for helping me start my day out with a smile :)

IslaZina said...

Made me smile, too. Bur where is th4 starfish guy :) ?

Life's a Beach! said...

I had no idea that's what went on at that stand back in the palms! Great photos Wayne!

jeanie said...

I have sat on that little stone wall watching the fishermen repair their nets many many times. I am fascinated with the simplicity of this chore and the wonderful bounty it produces.

Steve Cotton said...

So, where is the starfish washer?

KfromMichigan said...

I'm thinking that if only I were sitting on that wall with you enjoying the view!

Linda said...

Conch fritters!!! Now THAT is good eating!!!

Linda
IC