Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Reminder

The answer to yesterday's quiz: All of these items are containers for carrying gas from the pump to where ever it is needed. Although many of you were sooooo close, the first to guess it right was Chavo. Good going Senyor!

This little guy hangs from the rear view mirror of the Tracker. He is there to remind me that tomorrow night is the start of the big celebration here of the bicentennial/centennial of Mexico's independence and revolution. Should be some exciting goings on all over Mexico.

I think it is going to be a good night to be located on a small, non-descript island. The kind that nobody cares to use as an example, political or otherwise.


7 comments:

Calypso said...

'Missed the contest - too obscure for this old thinkpot anyway ;-) We are going to hide at the Rancho for a few days - will be crazy with fireworks around here - better seen from the mountain top ;-)

clay nobles said...

Well here in Cordoba we are invited to a thousand peso a person dinner excluding drinks celebration over looking the park and municipality. I´m not paying that, our host is.. but I don´t know if they are serving gold bricks or what but for Mexico thats a very EXPENSIVE dinner. I think I´ll dress up in shorts! LOL

Steve Cotton said...

I have been looking forward to this event for two years. And here I am NOB. Irony on stilts. But I will be at a happy place on The Day. The kind that advertises itself as the happiest on Earth. We'll see. Just do some of your great reporting -- and I will pretend to be there.

Life's a Beach! said...

I need to hear Steve's report on the happiest place on earth so I can book my reservation! I never would have guessed the answer to yesterday's riddle. I'm just glad you aren't drinking fabric softener or water from the hose! Hope the celebration on Isla is happy and doesn't involve anything else.

Jane said...

Relieved to know "someone" didn't get sick from drinking something "someone" poured into the smaller water bottle.

BlueSky said...

Love the new picture on your blog!! Beautifull!!!

lisa said...

I would of never guessed!