Friday, September 11, 2009

Bocana Revisted

On our way back to town, we had to pass the beach known as La Bocana. This is the beach we had such fond memories of from last January, but was totally changed this time around. We discovered later that besides the normal ebb and flow of the tide, Huatulco has two distinct tide seasons. High and low. Low occurs in the winter; high in the summer. We decided to pull in and have a quick look see.

I shouldn't have been, but I was surprised to see such high, forceful waves. Even more surprised to see the local kids and teenagers enjoying them so much. These waves were totally different from those at Barra.

I tried to capture on camera a combination of the pure joy these kids were having and the pure joy they were giving me just watching them. I don't think any further comment is necessary. I hope you feel some joy here too.






























2 comments:

Calypso said...

Some excellent waves I would say and some fine photos - gracias!

Ann said...

Excellent photos, Wayne!