Thursday, June 18, 2009

On Sale Now

I think because the economy is doing so poorly here on the island right now, our local grocery store has been running lots of specials.

While I was in there picking up a few things I needed the other day, I noticed that limes were on sale or 1.99 pesos per kilo! That's 7 cents a pound for those of you metrically challenged! I was on the scooter that day and had limited carry space, but I still managed to pack about 3 pounds into my under the seat storage area.




Aren't they pretty. So nice and green.



I juiced them all and will use the juice for futures of homemade limeade. Ah, refreshing!

11 comments:

Nancy said...

Those are beautiful. My husband would be so thrilled. He just loves limonada. Best I can find in Indiana is 10 for $1.00.

Babs said...

Woo ee - beautiful. And nutritious. Enjoy

Ann said...

That sounds delicious! Limeade is a favorite of mine!

Frankly Ronda said...

Blue yesterday. Green today. Tomorrow?

Life's a Beach! said...

Glad you like limeade because all those limes could have led to a Superior binge if you were using them in your beer! : )

Beautiful photos of the limes!

Anonymous said...

I could do the "What a Fine Buncha Coconuts...." thing, but, sheesh .... I'd love to get a lime deal like that here in Harrisburg ....(we go through 'em like limes...)

O Robert

Croft said...

I am thinking there is no way anyone can produce (and sell) limes for 2 pesos a kilo!

Islagringo said...

Nsncy: That price is appalling! I bet they are the ones as big as lemons though. These are the smaller "key" lime type.

Babs: they are beautiful. In the store they are a tableau.

Jamqueen: I just recently learned how to make it using a simple syrup. (I'm kitchen challenged, remember!)

AmMommy: mmmmm. I think you have given me an idea!

LAB: not a chance! Give me a Sol or give me death!

O Robert: LOL!

Croft: Sit down for this. The next day the price had been reduced to 0.99 pesos per kilo and has stayed there!

Jackie said...

Wow! Makes me wonder where they came from that they could transport them to Isla and sell them that cheap.

Calypso said...

We have two lime trees in our yard that produce nearly year round - 1 kilo of limes - 0 pesos - an even better deal ;-)

Laura said...

I love limeade, I'm totally coming over.