Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cleaning Up

Every once in awhile the few bushes that remain along the road across from me get to big for their britches and have to be trimmed back. So out comes a city crew and, with machetes flying, take care of the job in no time flat.

Last week it was time again.


These guys get in their and hack away as if their lives depended upon it. I guess I can't blame them for wanting to get it over with quickly. Besides the obvious danger of working with no warning cones and the fast traffic that goes by, there are other reasons to be cautious.
These bushes are full of creepy crawleys just waiting to sting you, bite you or slither away and startle you.
I do notice that, for some reason, it is always the older guys who do most of the work.

They trim back an little piece of green that dares even cast a shadow onto the road. These are the bushes offending the road directly across from me.
These are the same bushes after they have learned their lesson. A bit of a severe haircut if you ask me.


6 comments:

K.W. Michigan said...

What a great view!

Life's a Beach! said...

That's a buzz cut! I wish one of those guys would come trim the tree in the park behind us that blocks our view of the mountain!

Isla Deb said...

It sure opens your view up! I could have used those guys on my yard from hell a couple years ago.

Steve Cotton said...

The guy who trims my bushes has the same philosophy. Cutting back to the stem.

Anonymous said...

Well, they're OBVIOUSLY trying to impress you, the "Voice Of Isla To The Outside World", with their diligence and Juan-On-The-Spot timeliness.

Squeaky Wheels Get The Grease.

O Robert

Islagringo said...

kw: around here, it's called the "million dollar view". I only wish!

LAB: "under the cover of darkness, a chainsaw could be heard." think about it!

IslaDeb: I bet you could hire these guys cheap.

steve: a little trim can be a good thing. But all the way to the stem!

O Robert: WTF! I never complain about anything! That said.....