Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Clouds

We are well into rainy season here. You never know what to expect from one day to the other. Some days are dark, damp and dreary. Other days the sun comes and goes. Sometimes it rains all day and night non-stop. Sometimes a drizzle, sometimes a massive thunder storm. But always something interesting!



Here are some pictures of some incredible cloudy skies taken in front of my house. I found them absolutely beautiful. Hope you do too.

























6 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Great shapes. I am starting to pay attention to clouds again -- just like when I was young. Retirement beckons.

Anonymous said...

WOW that last picture with the dark moving in .. some storm!

Babs said...

Fascinating and beautiful

Life's a Beach! said...

Last year on Isla in November, I had a lot of afternoons where I was walking out the airport strip trying to beat those clouds back home before they dumped on me! :) I love clouds, especially at home in Arizona. They're a wonderful luxury here!

Islagringo said...

steve: as you know, clouds over water are the best. When travelling, I can always tell when we are approaching a large body of water by the way the clouds look. Comes from growing up by Lake Michigan I guess.

anonymous: that's what I'm talking about when I say we can watch the storm come in over the water.

babs: I find the same thing about them. I severely edited this post since I promised never to publish 73 pictures again!

jamqueen: thanks!

beach: I remember last November was really rainy. I think that is when the President came to the island too.

My Way said...

My favorite is the flat bottomed dark clouds.

Kind of like fat bottomed girls that make the world go round.