Thursday, January 03, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

And inside too! If I were a tourist here for the first time ever, I don't think I would be coming back! It is 63F as I write this this morning. The high today is only supposed to be 69F! WTF!! I remember it got down to 58F one night, but that was only for a moment and in the middle of the night so it did not affect me.

But, oooh baby, this weather sure does! The past few days have been rainy, cloudy and just plain dismal. The wind has been the worst part. Yesterday if felt just like it does the day before a major hurricane hits. The ocean is green instead of blue and has huge waves foaming into shore. Trees are bending and whipping their palm fronds like crazy windmills. Salt spray, which is normally bad anyway, is covering everything with a fine, white coating. I licked my lips yesterday and even they tasted salty! And let's not talk about the car. It looks like it has been covered with a sticky white powder. I can't wash it or even rinse it off right now because of the fierce wind.

The tile floors in the house are so cold they actually feel like they are burning the bottoms of my feet. Today is definately not a day to run around barefoot - inside or out. If I put the cats out, where they normally live, they run to go potty and come right back, yowling at the top of their lungs to get back into the warm house. Well, warm to them anyway. I wish I could just stay in bed all day too!

O changed her schedule this week and is coming to clean this afternoon instead of this morning. I'm not going to let her do any of the stuff she normally does outside, sweeping the patio, stuff like that. Mostly because it is just too cold and partly because my patios are covered with the stemmy remains of Mr Asshole's ill built palapa next door. The wind is coming from the north and blowing all that crap into my patios. What a mess. I'm not even going to try to clean it all up until this front has passed.

Ok, I'm off to stand in a hot shower for a bit. Good thing we got that new water heater! Then downtown to meet friends for breakfast. Then back home to clean the house before the house cleaner gets here!

Remember tomorrow is the big announcement day! I can hardly wait!

6 comments:

Andee said...

Hi,
Our little cold snap ended yesterday with 80F at 8am. During last night there was a very warm wind all night. And it was 80F at 7am. I like the warm breeze. I am intering outside and it feels so good.

Sorry it's so "cold" there. Hope it gets better soon.

andee

Anonymous said...

Wayne - cold here (Xalapa, Veracruz) too - and certainly colder than your temps but we don't have the wind. Seems like everyone is cold in Mexico right now - but this will pass.

See you tomorrow.

Juan

CancunCanuck said...

I sure hope it's passing soon, we slept all three of us in one bed with four blankets just to keep warm last night!

Anonymous said...

I'm freezing, but I sure am sleeping well!

It's not often that I feel sorry for tourists, but I'm feeling for those poor souls here right now, trying to escape their cold Northern existences.

Billie Mercer said...

We've been without an internet connection. After it came back on...more or less....I wrote a blog "Baby It's Cold Outside" and now I just read yours and find I chose the same title as you. Great Minds....I guess. Damn but I'm glad to be connected again. Happy New Year.

Islagringo said...

Andee - your day will come and I will laugh in my sunshine!

Juan - it's supposed to be cold in Xalapa in the winter. But here?

Heather - welcome to commenting. Are you on Isla?

Billie - I think it's an old song title. Juan would probably know for sure. (you said damn!!!)