Monday, December 03, 2007

Road Kill

THIS POST IS NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH OR THOSE SENSITIVE TO DEAD THINGS ON THE ROAD. IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE, SKIP TODAY AND JOIN ME AGAIN TOMORROW.





























I was out riding my motorscooter around the island on Saturday. I rounded a corner and almost ran over this myself. It gave me a bit of a shock.






It's hard to tell if you don't enlarge the picture, but it's a boa constrictor. Somebody ran over it. Looks like on purpose too. It was about 6' (2 meters) long. I guess one way to look at it is that people's chickens in that neighborhood are once again safe. As well as newborn kittens. Still, it is sad to see. Even though this is slightly disgusting to look at, I offer it as proof once again to all the people who tell me that there are no boas on this island. Umph, I say to them.


This next one is just totally, totally disgusting. We came upon it about 2 blocks up the road from me. What kind of person would do this? Just take your dead pet (you can't see it but it had a collar on), put it in a garbage bag and just throw it along side the busiest road on the island. I wish I had been witness to it. I don't know what I would have done. Maybe report them to the Dept of Health. And who do these people think are going to dispose of the body? I can probably guess. Nobody. It will lie there until the iguanas and flies have had their fill. Gross and bordering on cruel if you ask me.



1 comment:

CancunCanuck said...

Ay, pobre perrito! The snake I can handle, yes everyone is safer, but sheesh, someone must have a shovel to get it off the road. That poor doggy is going to smell for a while unless someone gets rid of it. Makes me so sad. :(