Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving thoughts

To those of you north of the border, Happy Thanksgiving. To those of us south of the border, happy just another day! Mexico doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving. I know lots of gringos here on the island celebrate and cook a turkey today, but we just don't bother with the fuss at our house anymore.

One shouldn't need a special day put aside to reflect on what one is thankful for. We really should take a moment each day and remind ourselves of at least one thing we are thankful for. Even so, I did take some time today to really think about my life and what I am thankful for. Here are the top 5.

1. Two very special people in my life who love me as much as I love them.

2. Being retired and out of the work rat race at such a young age.

3. My health. Good or not so good, at least I can still talk about it!

4. Friends. It's like having an extra helping of dessert!

5. No hurricanes this year!

Hope your day, whether spent with family, friends or both, was rewarding.

No comments: